Outer Banks Water Line Repair & Replacement - Platinum Plumbing
Water Line Repair, Replacement & Leak Detection
A water leak anywhere in your home can result in countless gallons of wasted water, damage to your home and property, and plenty of inconvenience.
So, the idea is to spot a water leak very early in the making before things get worse. The good news is you don’t always need a plumber to see if you have a leak in the first place.
Ask the Plumber, Plumber Basic
For starters, these are common symptoms of an outdoor or indoor water leak:
- Water bills that seem unusually high.
- Water meter readings changing when not using water.
- Sewer backup problems that become chronic.
- Running toilets and dripping faucets.
- Running water sounds when nothing is in use.
- Spongy, soft, or discolored walls.
- Musty odors from floors, walls near drains, or sewers.
- Cracked or unusually damp foundation or slab.
- Warm areas on concrete floors, mildew, or excessive moisture under carpets.
- In the yard, particularly wet or moist areas that are unusually wet or moist, often with very healthy (or unusual) plant or grass growth.
If you’re noticing one or more of the above, then there’s a good chance you have a water leak somewhere…and the best time to find out is now.